Ok - so you have made the decision to have a Timber Floor but which one?
You can choose from:
- Solid Strip Timber Flooring (Tongue & Groove). Fixed to sheet sub-floors of particleboard or plywood, over joists or battens or direct to concrete slab. This provides the traditional timber floor renowned for its strength, durability and character. It can be rejuvenated to near new conditions by sanding and re-finishing. Ideal for new houses or to match existing floors in renovations and can be top nailed, secretly nailed or glued to concrete slabs.
- Engineered Flooring - Specifically manufactured with a decorative layer of Timber bonded over layers of other timbers beneath. Providing additional stability and maintains the appearance characteristics associated with Solid Timber Flooring. Some are available pre-finished while others are designed to be sanded and finished after installation. Engineered floors may be laid as floating floors, glued to a sub-floor as an overlay and in some cases fixed as structural floor.
- Parquetry - Come sin 2 forms, block parquetry and the smaller finger parquetry sheet. It provides many options of combining block orientation, size, species to transform your floor into an outstanding feature.
- Laminate Flooring - More often a timber look finish usually consisting of high density fibreboard, topped with faux timber look film. They can be laid on most surfaces using a underlay.
- Bamboo - Not a Timber but a grass, regarded for its feature looks and in many respects it acts similar to solid timber floors. Some is manufactured to provide an even appearance while other products are of laminated construction and can provide a greater blend of colours. The flooring is usually pre-finished and is generally adhesive fixed to the sub-floor.
Come to the showroom and we can show you all the samples to help with the decision making!!!!!