A regular cleaning program will assist in keeping your floor looking at it’s best for longer.
An electrostatic mop should be used to sweep up dust and dirt from your floor.
In addition your floors will benefit from a damp mop only. Never wet or steam mop a timber floor as you can introduce moisture which may result in excessive movement or cupping.
Harsh detergents or abrasive cleaners are also to be replaced with a neutral PH wood floor cleaning product. Try the Bona spray mop for Timber or Laminate Floors.
It is a cleaning system comprising a mop with a spray unit built into the handle, a cleaning pad and a ready to use detergent making cleaning very quick and easy.
A few more tips
- Wait for 3 days before moving furniture onto your floor.
- Place felt pads under all chairs and furniture.
- Keep door mats clean and in good condition.
- Promptly clean all spills and leaks.
- Reduce intense direct sunlight with tinting or window coverings.
- Wait at last 1 month before placing rugs.
- Rotate rugs as floor will fade, darken or change shades over time.
- Refinish your floor before it wears through to avoid sanding costs.
At the Timberoo Showroom we can supply you with Bona Maintenance Products!!